Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving LO

Hello my paper crafting friends!  A few weeks ago I found myself the lucky winner of a holiday layout class.  It's been years since I've even attempted to make a 12 x 12 layout, and I have to say that I was so excited when Pinky posted my name as the winner!  Pinky (Cristal Hobbs) teaches classes at My Creative Classroom, along with a group of other talented ladies.  So, if you're looking to learn something new, or wanting to relearn the thought process on something you used to do, check them out and see what they're offering.

If you check out the website you'll see the error I made where the ribbon should just be on one side at the top of the layout.  When I went to do the second layout I forgot to flip it and ended up putting it on the same side.  You know how well some tape sticks?  Well I use the GlueArts tape runner on my paper projects, and it really adheres paper or embellishments permanently when you use the permatac like me.  So, I compensated on the ribbon goof and added it to both sides, moving the square with stamped image up to even things out. 

Without Photos:
With Photos:
I was so excited to show my family the layout when they came over on Thanksgiving, but I think they were even more excited to see that I actually worked on getting some photos scrapped!  Next week we get to work with Acrylic!  This will be a new experience for me, and I can't wait.

Challenges I'm entering:
Simon Says Stamp and Show - Thanks
Do You Stack Up - DYSU99 - Numbers
Scraptastic Club Challenge - (Farmers Market Colors)

hugs

3 comments:

Shannon White said...

Super Layout Kimberly! And lovely pics too! You class sounds like a lot of fun! Congrats on your win! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

Anonymous said...

Awesome double pager!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show this week! - Ashli :)

Pauline said...

Beautiful layout!
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week!